My photo
A lifetime passion in food and all things related to food!

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Easy Peasy Butter Chicken

This is a great "day before payday" meal as we more often than not have all the ingredients (except the chicken) in the pantry. 
I must admit when I first came accross this recipe I though it looked awful, my curiosity got the better of me, I gave it a go and I was not sorry, it is a beautiful smooth indian style butter curry sauce that needs to be tried to be believed. My family love it, even the youngest... Enjoy!!


Easy Peasy Butter Chicken

Serving Size:
4 people

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1kg Chickcken cut into large pieces
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 x 425g can of chopped tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2 cups o chicken stock
Method
  1. Heat oil in heavy based pan and brown chicken and onion, add curry powder and fry or 1-2 mins.
  2. Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 25-30 mins stirring occasionally.
  3. Serve with rice.
Hint: let this simmer for at least 10 mins before worrying, it all comes together in the end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment